Host your wedding celebrations at Hyatt Regency Cancun hotel and the Mexican Caribbean will be witness to your eternal love and the perfect location for your guests to enjoy this magical experience, whether you choose: the comfort of an indoor area, the magnificent white sand beach or our beachfront gazebo and gardens.
Legal Wedding Ceremony Requirements:
The following is a list of legal requirements needed for civil ceremonies. Our Wedding Specialist at Hyatt Regency Cancun hotel must receive the following documents in order to begin the application for your marriage at the Civil Registry Office.
- Original and copy of birth certificates, translated into Spanish by an Official Translator and should have an Apostille Seal (only required for divorced, widowed, adopted of had a name change). The Apostille Seal is necessary when issuing a document from one country to another for legal purposes. For information on how to obtain the Apostille Seal, please contact the Secretary of State Office.
- Valid passports
- Copy of legal immigration status: Tourist, FM3, FM2
- The name of the Tourist Card and Passport must be the same
- Mexican laws require a Health Certificate for all Legal Wedding ceremonies. Blood tests are done to determine blood type, HIV and STD status. Tests must be taken at the hotel and results are ready within 24 hours. Approximately cost is US$250 per couple. Bride and groom must arrive at their hotel three business days prior to the legal wedding ceremony date in order to complete the blood tests and process the necessary documents. Saturday and Sunday are not considered working days.
- Original and copy of valid passport and tourist card of the 4 witnesses. Name, age, nationality, home address and occupation of 4 witnesses. Witnesses must be at least 18 years of age at the time of the ceremony and must arrive at least 3 working days prior to the wedding in order to complete the legal document process.
- Original or certified copy of divorce, adoption, widowhood or renaming of the parties (if applicable) with apostille and translated into Spanish by a certified translator (if it is a language other than Spanish).
- Proof of no marriage in Quintana Roo State of the Mexican contracting to be obtained in the civil Registry of the city in which they wish to get married. Process takes approximately three months.
- Application and official oath of truthfulness.
- Complete and sign the marriage application for Quintana Roo State (on site) three days before the wedding date (bride, groom and witnesses).
Contact the Wedding Specialist
Our wedding specialist is on hand to assist you in planning a memorable event by designing a wedding ceremony that meets your individual tastes.
For more information or reservations, please contact our Wedding Specialist at Hyatt Regency Cancun hotel: +52 998 891 5555 ext. 4060 or send an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.